Lovely, but not my favourite
- I received the Amethyst Aura palette for free with purchase. While the colours are lovely, I don't find the shadows to be particularly long wearing or pigmented. They can be built up, but are still not great. I much prefer to use other shadows I have.
My New Favorite Shadow
- I absolutely love these eye shadows and their colors! This is the first product I've gotten where I will use all of the colors in the Palette. The added shimmer to the colors really gives it that sparkling touch, I will never use another shadow other than these!!!
- I got the Opal Glow palette for a natural every day look just to brighter up my eyes a little. I haven't been wearing shadow for a while and have a lot of colors, so I probably won't be trying the other shades just yet, but a few look tempting. The Opal Glow shades are great for what I wanted them to do - they help me look fresh and rested. They blend well and last reasonably well on me.
- i got a lavender duo of this from Ipsy. The shades are so lovely on the eyes, kinda sheer but build-able. Very pretty for day time wear/look.
Really like these
- I have several of these palettes; you get a lot of bang for your buck with the number of colors in each, and they're all really beautiful. I docked one star, because some colors (specifically the greens in the Emerald Gold palette) don't have much staying power.
- These palates are absolute jewels. Whether they are matte, metallic, or shimmer they look like a dream. I bought two for me and two for my 17 year old niece. She loved them just as much as I did. I use the Mineral Contour as my daily wear eye shadow for a lovely, neutral look.
Thes seem really nice
- I got the brown shades, and at first used a bare applicator. Not a whole lot showed up, but then again, with very fair skin, too healy looks garish and ridiculous. This was also the two lightest shades I tried the dry applicator with. I wet the applicator and got much more color, so that is great for a night look, though can do for day too, and a dry applicator will probably be good for average day use. I will also try brushed to see if that changes anything. Other than that, they went on smoth, blended well and feel great. Blending is big with me, with those darker crease shades sometimes you cannot blend out much from your first application and yo get a funny look. The color itself is a little more coppery (?) but I am also currently used to a very neutral taupe brown set, so it could just be that. It is lovely though. My husband likes it!
Opal Glow, Amethyst, Copper Peach, Aquamarine
- My collection keeps growing with these highlight pigmented palettes. I was skeptical at first but playing with different application techniques (different brushes or fingertips) makes mixing colors so fun. I love the texture and vibrancy of the brights I have and the more neutral palettes are so easy for everyday. Currently I can't stop wearing the Opal Glow bc I pop it on my cheeks for a dewy look and on eyes it has an amazing shine that reminds me of a makeup forever metallic eyeshadow I reach for often. You can't beat this price point for the quality.
Overall Quite Lovely
- I've tried a few of these palettes and I absolutely adore the shimmer that they give off. They are very blendable and they range from lovely shades that are very complimentary. For the most part, you get what you see concerning color, all accept for the Aquamarine Dream that I tried. I was expecting it to be very bold, but it was much more toned down. Pixie is a more natural brand, though, so it makes sense that it would be more neutral.
A lovely addition.
I have the 'Plum Quartz' palette as I wanted something for natural day looks to darker looks if I wanted. I really like the softness of this product; I don't feel like it's gritty or too heavy. I say gritty because it does have these slight shimmer/glitter in it, which I don't usually go for because I'm generally a contact wearer.
However, I don't find the shimmer irritates my eyes, nor falls out of place. The individual shades blend well, although I think the brush you use (especially a 'buffer brush') makes a whole difference. But even with your fingers this palette works well.
These aren't too pigmented, but you can build up if you want to. Again, I think for eyes especially, finding brushes that suit you will work wonders for eye make-up. I'm still on the hunt for mine, but there is this lovely one a staff member from KoKo used on me- it was amazing and I feel it would make me experiment more with this palette.
I gave this 3 stars only because I prefer matte shades and would LOVE it if all these palettes came in matte versions- or at the very least had half shimmer and half matte.
Other than that, a great purchase and a lovely addition to my make-up. This would also be a great palette for those just getting into make-up because of how easy it is, and because of the awesome variety of palettes that there is now. Pop it into a filled or partly filled cosmetic bag and you got yourself a nice pressie for someone. :)
What it is formulated to do:
Look fresh in moments with these pretty palettes! Mineral formula reflects light away from imperfections while gemstone-inspired tones enhance your natural eye beauty. Shades specifically coordinated for foolproof eye enhancement.
Beneficial ingredients and what they do:
Vitamin E nourishes and protects delicate skin around the eye
|Has a video||No|
Copper Peach INGREDIENTS: Mica, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol. [+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)].
Plum Quartz INGREDIENTS: Mica, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol. [+/- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)].
Emerald Gold INGREDIENTS: Mica, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol. [+/- Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007)].
5.76g / 0.20oz
Ingredients are subject to change. For the most complete and up-to-date list of ingredients, refer to the product packaging.